Real Estate & Land Use
LRWB provides real estate and land use representation to property owners, tenants, developers, investors, lenders, and other types of clients. Our team assists clients in all phases of the ownership, transfer, and development of real estate. Specifically, we advise and represent clients in the following areas:
- Structuring, negotiating, and closing real estate transactions, including conveyances, leases, auctions, and farm and ranch sales.
- Tax issues, including the use of § 1031 tax deferred exchanges.
- Using limited liability companies and other vehicles to structure land ownership.
- Transaction financing issues.
- Homeowner’s association rights and duties.
- Negotiating, drafting, and applying easements, covenants, management agreements, development agreements, and other real estate agreements.
- Private road and access procedures.
- Residential and commercial leases, property management, and landlord–tenant law.
- Land use regulations, including zoning, subdivisions, plats, and comprehensive plans.
- Mortgages, deeds of trust, fixture filings, foreclosure, and creditors’ rights.
- State regulations governing real estate brokers and salespeople.
- Real estate disputes.
Attorneys in this practice area