Individuals, families, and businesses must navigate a complex sea of federal, local, and state statutes and regulations. Our team works hard to keep abreast of the often-unpredictable changes to U.S. tax laws. We use our knowledge and experience to achieve favorable tax outcomes based on each client’s unique situation. We coordinate tax planning with our clients’ family, business, estate planning, asset protection, and other legal needs. Specifically, we advise and assist clients with the following:
- Comprehensive federal income, estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer tax planning.
- State income, property, sales, use, and natural resource tax planning.
- Tax opinions.
- Private letter ruling requests.
- Structuring taxable transactions, including asset, stock, and land sales, mergers, acquisitions, and reorganizations.
- Business entity selection, formation, and taxation, including limited liability companies, limited liability partnerships, and Subchapter S and C corporations.
- Audits, trials, and appeals before the IRS, U.S. Tax Court, and other state and federal courts and taxing authorities.
- Trust administration and planning.
- International tax issues.
- Creating, operating, and ensuring compliance of tax-exempt entities.
Attorneys in this practice area