Gregory C. Dyekman
Greg is a partner in the firm’s Cheyenne office. He has built a broad legal practice and established expertise in many emphasis areas. Greg has extensive experience in high dollar transactions, notable for their complexity, subject matter, size and value. He has collaborated with some of the largest firms in the country on a variety of transactions and cases involving business and corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, banking and creditor’s rights, real estate and property development and litigation. Greg has worked all over Wyoming and is well known for providing a high level of client service and being a pleasure to work with.
- Business Planning
- Civil Litigation
- Estate, Tax, & Wealth Transfer Planning
- Business and Trust Situs Planning
- Real Estate & Land Use
- Appellate Representation
- Digital Currency & Assets
- Probate & Estate Administration, Guardianships & Conservatorships
- Trust Administration
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Banking Law
- Expert Witness & Consulting with Attorneys
Confidential/Privileged Information Notice
While we would like to hear from you, please be aware that the information you submit to us via this website will not create an attorney-client relationship. Any information provided to us via this website will not be treated as confidential or privileged lawyer/client communication, unless we have previously sent you an engagement letter. You are not a client of LRW Lawyers until you receive such an engagement letter. Please click the “Accept” button if you understand and accept the forgoing statement and wish to proceed.Deny Accept
Education & Licensure
Greg received a Bachelor of Science degree with honors from the University of Wyoming in 1977, and a Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Wyoming College of Law in 1980.
He is licensed to practice law in Wyoming, and admitted to all federal courts including the United States Supreme Court.
A life-long Wyoming resident, Greg believes strongly in giving back to his community and state and has served in leadership roles for many community organizations and projects. He has received several awards for his legendary civic commitment such as the Legacy Award by the United Way of Laramie County for its 75th Anniversary celebration in May 2023, the Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce Person of the Year Award and the Wyoming Bar Foundation Pro-Bono Public Service Award. He was recently chosen as a University of Wyoming Distinguished Alumni for his professional achievements and community service. His service includes:
- Meals on Wheels Foundation Board–President
- Boy Scouts of America Board of Trustees–President, President Elect, Vice President of Endowments, Board Attorney
- University of Wyoming–Distinguished Alumni, 2012; Foundation Board, Chairman, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Emeritus Board Member; College of Arts and Sciences Board of Visitors, Chairman; College of Law Advisory Board, Founding Member; Cowboy Joe Club, membership blitz captain
- United Way of Laramie County Board–County Campaign Co-Chair
- Cheyenne Kiwanis Club–Board Member; Cheyenne Kiwanis Foundation, President
- Cheyenne YMCA Board of Directors–President
- United Medical Center Foundation–Davis Hospice Center Campaign Cabinet
- Cheyenne Schools Foundation Board
- Cheyenne Newspapers Inc.–Board of Directors, Community Representative, Editorial Board
- Cheyenne Symphony Orchestra Board–President, Vice President
- Pro-bono Legal Consultant (governance and endowment issues)–Cheyenne Little Theatre Board of Directors,
- Cheyenne Animal Shelter Foundation, Meals on Wheels of Cheyenne Foundation and United Way of Laramie County
Notable Experience, Projects and Cases
- Prepared opinions in connection with multiple large lending transactions involving many large national banks and corporations.
- Coordinated multiple business sales, purchases, mergers and acquisitions.
- Coordinated ranch and business real estate sales and financing arrangements.
- Engaged in sophisticated bankruptcy practice for creditors throughout Wyoming.
- Successfully pursued first administrative appeal to Wyoming Supreme Court on issues relating to consumer lending regulation under Wyoming UCCC.
- Litigated many business disputes to trial and settlement.
- Presented many appeals to the Wyoming Supreme Court on various subjects such as real estate disputes, banking and creditor’s rights issues, sovereign immunity, consumer credit regulations, estate and trust law, workers’ compensation, state taxation and physician medical staff privileges.
- Successfully assisted hundreds of clients with estate and business planning and estate administration.
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Adjunct Professor, University of Wyoming College of Law–Creditor’s rights and bankruptcy
- Adjunct Professor, Laramie County Community College–Banking and Business Law
- Instructor, American Institute of Banking–Commercial Loan Documentation
- Chapter Contributor, BNA–“Doing Business in Wyoming”
- Chapter Contributor, ABA–“Foreclosure in Wyoming”
- Chapter Contributor, ABA–“Guide for Commercial Lenders”
- Chapter Contributor, ABA–“The Law of Guaranties”
- Lecturer, BARBRI Bar Review Course (24 yrs.)–Commercial Paper, Secured Transactions and Wills, Trusts, Estates and UCCC
- Column and review contributor, Wyoming Lawyer, published by Wyoming State Bar
- Past Editor in Chief, Coffeehouse, published by Wyoming Trial Lawyers Association
- Frequent public speaker on various legal and philanthropic topics
Editor in Chief, Land and Water Law Review
Notable Achievements & Recognition
Greg's reputation for competence in a broad array of legal matters has yielded recognition by his peers and national industry publications in 14 practice area categories. Greg has received the “AV” rating from Martindale Hubbell and was twice named “Lawyer of the Year” for Trusts and Estates by the editors of Best Lawyers. He has been consistently listed as a top tier attorney in Best Lawyers in America/US News and World Report in 14 legal emphasis areas, Mountain State Super Lawyers (Business/Corporate) and by Chambers and Partners (Real Estate and Corporate Law). Fellow Wyoming legal practitioners have recognized Greg for his expertise and professionalism with the Wyoming State Bar Leadership Award and the Thomas G. Gorman Excellence in Professionalism Award from the Ewing T. Kerr Inn, American Inns of Court. Greg received a top ranking in the 2019 Chambers High Net Worth Guide, which ranks the top attorneys and law firms for international private wealth.