Natalie K. Winegar
A Wyoming native, Natalie is Managing Partner of the firm and practices primarily out of the firm’s Cheyenne office. She focuses her practice in the areas trust and estate administration, estate planning, business planning, and real estate. Her practice offers a comprehensive, practical, values-based approach to wealth transfer and succession planning, including efficient approaches to trust and estate administration. She serves as general counsel for several Wyoming private trust companies. She has extensive experience handling a variety of business and real estate transactions, including representing companies in all stages of their development, real property acquisition and disposition, complex financing transactions and opinion work. She is also experienced in counseling physicians and physician practice groups on practice organization, sale, acquisition, management and employment issues. Her background in the performing arts uniquely equips her with a creative and results-driven practice.
Confidential/Privileged Information Notice
While we would like to hear from you, please be aware that the information you submit to us via this website will not create an attorney-client relationship. Any information provided to us via this website will not be treated as confidential or privileged lawyer/client communication, unless we have previously sent you an engagement letter. You are not a client of LRW Lawyers until you receive such an engagement letter. Please click the “Accept” button if you understand and accept the forgoing statement and wish to proceed.Deny Accept
Education & Licensure
Ms. Winegar received a bachelor of music degree with honors in trumpet performance and a minor in political science from the University of Colorado at Boulder in 2000, and a J.D. with honors from the University of Wyoming College of Law in 2004. She completed the Governing Family Enterprises Executive Education Program at the Kellogg Center for Family Enterprises at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University in October 2017.
She is licensed to practice law in Wyoming and Colorado.
Ms. Winegar is Chair of the Wyoming State Bar’s Client Protection Fund Committee and has been a member of that committee by appointment of the Wyoming Supreme Court since January 1, 2019. She is a member of the Cheyenne Community Advisory Board of Jonah Bank of Wyoming. Ms. Winegar is a former member of the Board of Directors of Cheyenne LEADS, Cheyenne Regional Medical Center Foundation, University of Wyoming College of Law Advisory Board, Greater Cheyenne Arts Advisory Council, Cheyenne Symphony Orchestra Board of Directors, and served by appointment of the Wyoming Supreme Court as a member of the Lawyer Mentoring Program Implementation Board, having previously co-chaired the Wyoming State Bar Association Mentoring Committee with partner Tom Long.
Memberships & Professorships
Ms. Winegar is a member of the Laramie County Bar Association, Colorado Bar Association, Southeast Wyoming Estate Planning Council, and Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), the leading worldwide professional body for practitioners in the fields of trusts, estates and related issues.
Ms. Winegar was also an Adjunct Professor of Law (Estate Planning) at the University of Wyoming College of Law for the Spring semester of 2012.
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Mountain States Chapter Annual Meeting, June 30, 2023, “Trust Issues: Irrevocable Trusts in Divorce”
- Wyoming Philanthropy Days, Trusted Advisors and Professionals Seminar, May 22, 2014, “Navigating the Frontier: Philanthropic Planning and Beyond”
- First Interstate Bank Presentation, July 29, 2013, “Wyoming Legislative Update, Asset Protection and Trust Planning Opportunities”
- AMG National Trust Bank Seminar, June 17, 2013, “The Wyoming Advantage”
- Guest lecturer for UW Family Business and Corporate Venturing Class, October 2012; November 2013
- Regular guest lecturer on “Tax Considerations in Choice of Entity” for Business Planning Course at the University of Wyoming College of Law
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors/Southeast Wyoming Estate Planning Council, Cheyenne, Wyoming, October 25, 2011, “Wonderful Wyoming: A Planning Destination”
- 2011 Wyoming State Bar Convention, Cheyenne, Wyoming, September 16, 2011, “The Undiscovered Country: Opportunities for Wealth Preservation and Planning for Business Entities, Individuals and Trusts Having a Situs in the State of Wyoming”
- Southeast Wyoming Estate Planning Council, Cheyenne, Wyoming, November 25, 2008, “Common Mistakes in Estate Planning”
- National Business Institute, Cheyenne, Wyoming, September 8, 2006; December 12, 2005, “Essentials of Section 1031 Exchanges”
While in law school, Natalie served as an Article Editor for the Wyoming Law Review.
Prior to her legal career, Natalie enjoyed a career as a professional trumpet player in the Boulder-Denver-Northern Colorado region. She worked as a commercial musician playing in musicals, orchestras, chamber groups, jazz groups and horn sections for touring artists such as The Temptations and The Four Tops.
Notable Achievements and Recognition
Natalie was recently named as one of the Best Lawyers in America for her expertise in Trusts and Estates, and Real Estate Law. For multiple years, Natalie has been selected as a Mountain States Super Lawyer, and has consistently received a top rankings in the Chambers and Partners USA Guide and High Net Worth Guide, which ranks the top attorneys and law firms for international private wealth.
Cheyenne-based Natalie Winegar is the firm's managing partner. Winegar is a transactional lawyer practicing primarily trust and estate planning and administration, business law and real estate. She also represents physicians and healthcare practices. Wyoming sources highlight Winegar's "large client base" of high net worth clients and the "high-level" work she is involved with. Natalie Winegar remains one of the most highly regarded practitioners for corporate law and estate planning matters. She is also noted for her expertise in real estate, business planning and healthcare work.
Natalie Winegar remains one of the most highly regarded practitioners for corporate law and estate planning matters. She is also noted for her expertise in real estate, business planning and healthcare work.