Randall B. Reed
Mr. Reed is a partner at the firm’s Cheyenne office.
Randy has over 27 years of experience in real property, oil and gas, mineral tax, regulated utility and business law. Randy has been recognized for his professional achievements by being selected as a top tier attorney in Mountain States Super Lawyers (Oil and Gas, Real Estate and Landowners), Best Lawyers/US News and World Report (Corporate Law and Mergers and Acquisitions) and Chambers and Partners USA (Corporate Law and Mergers and Acquisitions).
Randy’s agricultural background has led him to focus his practice on Real Estate and Land Use and Oil and Gas Law. Because he grew up on a ranch just outside the small town of Lusk, Wyoming, Randy appreciates the value of personal property rights, while at the same time, understands the value that multiple uses of real property can provide.
Notable Experience, Projects and Cases:
- Serves as lead counsel in the purchase and sale of mineral estates, oil and gas assets and pipelines.
- Obtained favorable sales and property tax advisory rulings from Wyoming Department of Revenue.
- Completed and continues to represent numerous farm, ranch and commercial property transactions, varying from simple, small property transactions to complex and notable multi-million dollar cases involving sizable assets.
- Acquires rights-of-way, permits and licenses for major interstate pipeline construction projects.
- Organized, formed and performed environmental permitting and securities work for an agricultural livestock multiplication facility.
- Obtained regulatory approval for major pipeline asset/stock transfers, and the negotiation of surface use agreements between surface owners and mineral owners
- Appears in numerous cases before the Wyoming State Board of Equalization involving the valuation of minerals for taxation purposes.
- Lead attorney in rate cases and other matters before the Wyoming Public Service Commission.
- Appears before the Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality and the Wyoming Office of State Lands and Investments.
Publications and Speaking Engagements:
- University of Wyoming – School of Energy Resources – Presenter at Hydraulic Fracturing: a Wyoming Energy Forum, September 2011
- Wyoming Stock Growers Association–“Leasing Oil Interests in Wyoming”-Cow Country, July 2010
- Continuing Legal Education, Instructor–Business organization, corporate governance and real property law courses